cPanel Data Migration
- 03/26/2018 10.34 AM
Now that you've signed up for a Web Hosting Plan with Evolve Web Hosting, it's time to start preparing to make the move! Congratulations and we look forward to assisting you to make the transition as seamless as possible.
This article will help you prepare for the migration and show you how to initiate the process.
1) If you haven't already, please make sure you have an account created at https://www.evolvewebhost.com/support/register
2) Please DO NOT cancel your current hosting plan until we advise you to do so
3) Backup your cPanel account by following the steps in this article: How to create a cPanel backup
4) Navigate to https://www.evolvewebhost.com/support and login to your Support Account
5) Open a new Support Ticket and choose 'Migrations' as the department
6) Details to include in the ticket:
a. The URL, cPanel Username and Password to your current cPanel account (for the hosting company you are about to leave)
b. If you are moving from a VPS or a Dedicated Server, please provide us with the Server IP, Root Username and Root Password
c. Let us know what time you would like to start your data transfer
7) If your domain is registered elsewhere, please make sure you have that login information as you will need to update your nameservers at the end of the Data Migration process. If you would like to transfer your domains to Evolve Web Hosting, please visit https://www.evolvewebhost.com/transfer-domain.php to begin the process
After this information has been provided, our highly skilled support staff will be in touch with you throughout the entire process.
Please login to comment