- 01/05/2016 8.19 PM
Here is our recommendation for installing Wordpress on cPanel.
1) Download the latest version here: Wordpress Newest Version Download
2) Unzip the file locally and upload the files to your desired location. This is usually public_html/
3) Login to cPanel to create a database and username. You can read our tutorial here: How to Create a Database in cPanel
4) Write this information down or have it accessible to complete your Wordpress install
5) Open your favorite web browser and go to http://yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain) and follow the steps. You will be prompted for the following information:
a. Database Name: Use this format and replace the necessary information
b. Database Username: Use this format and replace the necessary information
c. Password: This is the password you created for the DB User. Make sure there are no typos or spaces or the install will fail
d. Database Host: This is always 'localhost' (without the single quotes)
e. Database Prefix: wp_ is the default and this is acceptable. Feel free to change it if you would like.
Once the install has completed, you'll see a success message and you'll be able to access the admin and front side of your website.
Please login to comment