Difficulty Level: Easy
Backups of your cPanel account are crucial and it is your responsibility to create them. We do make off site backups available on selected dates for a fee to retrieve them.
Here are the steps to create a backup of your account:
Login to cPanel
Locate the Files section and click on Backup
- Under the heading Full Backup, choose the option to Download a Full Website Backup
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to choose where to save the backup and if you want to be notified when it has completed. Choose the Home Directory for the Backup Destination and enter your email address to be notified once it’s completed.
- Available Download Locations
- Home Directory
- Remote FTP Server
- Remote FTP Server (passive mode transfer)
- Secure Copy (SCP)
- You can now access the zip file by logging into FTP and looking in the
/home/directory or you can use the functions within cPanel if you need to restore parts of or all of the backup.
Please note that these backups will count toward your overall storage quota so you can either download the backups locally if you wanted to keep more than 1 or 2 days worth or delete the oldest backup after the newest one has been created.
If you need any assistance, please submit a ticket for Technical Support