Transfer Domain Names
Transferring a domain from another Domain Registrar to Evolve Web Hosting is a fairly easy process, however, it does involve you taking a few steps with your current registrar to complete the process.
Domain Transfer orders can be place through our Account Portal found at https://core.evolvewebhost.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer
In order to initiate a transfer, you will need to provide your domain name along with the EPP / Transfer Code and pay the transfer fee. The Transfer Fee adds 1 additional year of renewal to your domain name.
What you need to do with your current registrar:
- Make sure your email address is current in the Whois details
- Get your EPP (Transfer) code
- Unlock your domain
- Remove privacy protection if it is enabled
- If you are also transferring your website to a new server, make sure you update your nameservers prior to transferring your domain. The process can take up to 10 days and you will be unable to make any changes at that time.
In order to be transferred, three things need to be true:
- The domain is not already expired
- The domain was not registered within the last 60 days
- The domain was not transferred to your current registrar within the last 60 days
If these three things are true, you will be able to transfer your domain(s) to Evolve Web Hosting with no issues.
If you need help figuring out where your EPP / Transfer code is located (who your current domain registrar is), you can perform a Whois lookup at https://core.evolvewebhost.com/domainchecker.php or submit a ticket for Sales Support. Use the links in the menu to locate transfer steps for your domain registrar.
What to do after you place the order:
- Look for an email (in the account listed in the Whois details) from Do Not Reply which is requesting your authorization to transfer the domain from your current registrar to Evolve Web Hosting.
- Open the email and click the link to accept.
- Once this is done, it will take 1-10 days for your current registrar to officially transfer the domain to Evolve Web Hosting.
The .uk and .co.uk domains use what is called a ‘push transfer’ process and they utilize what is called an IPS TAG. Before initiating a transfer of a .uk or .co.uk domain, you must contact your current registrar and give them our IPS TAG which is 1API-DE Then you can submit an order to us to have your domain transferred.
- TLDs Effected
We can accept and help you to transfer your domain(s) from any domain registrar. Below are links to show you how to prepare your domains for transfer from a handful of the larger domain registrar providers.