Evolve Web Hosting offers Sectigo SSL Certificates. Follow the links to learn the differences of each and decide which is right for your website(s).
- SSL Certificate Purpose
- SSL Certificates encrypt data when it is submitted across the Internet. This includes login forms, contact forms and credit card data used to make E-Commerce purchases. It has been widely talked about as giving a boost to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) rankings though there is no concrete evidence of this.
- SSL Certificates DO NOT stop hacking attempts and malware injections
- A Firewall such as Astra Security is used to stop Hacking and the spread of Malware.
Available SSL Certificate Options
As of September 1, 2020 Google Chrome and Apple Safari web browsers will only trust an SSL certificate issued for a maximum of 398 days. Certificates issued before September 1, 2020 will be valid for up to 2 years.
In order to meet this requirement and avoid passing the headaches on to you, we’ve changed the way our SSL certificates are sold to you. Certificates may be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a time. When your certificate is issued, the email address listed for the technical support contact should be
firstname.lastname@example.org when your website is hosted with us. This will provide us with a notification around the 365 day mark. At this time, we will generate a new CSR and Certificate for your domain to keep it valid.
The great thing is that you can save by purchasing for a longer period and you don’t have to worry about any of the technical aspects to keep your site compliant. If you have any questions, please open a ticket for our Sales Team or give our Sales Team a call at 303-900-5050
Dedicated IP addresses are available for $4.95 per month (billed annually for $59.40)
- What is a Dedicated IP Address?
- A dedicated IP (Internet Protocol) is a unique Internet address dedicated exclusively to a single hosting account. This is in contrast to the normal configuration of several hosting accounts residing on a single server and sharing its IP address.
- Dedicated IP Address Benefits
- It grants access to your website any time you need
- It is beneficial for the email sender’s reputation
- It is good for a business identity
- It is required for particular third-party applications/scripts
- SNI technology and incompatibility with some old browsers
- Is a Dedicated IP Address Required?
- A Dedicated IP address is not required but it is recommended for Shared Web Hosting plans.
- Managed Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
- Every Managed VPS comes with 2 IP Addresses. If you are only hosting sites for yourself, you do not need to purchase any additional Dedicated IP Addresses. If you are using your Managed VPS to host other clients accounts (ie., you’re a web designer hosting your clients sites), we recommend purchasing a Dedicated IP Address for each of your clients cPanel or DirectAdmin accounts when adding an SSL Certificate.