DirectAdmin Create & Restore Backups
In order to access Create / Restore Backups within DirectAdmin, begin by logging in to your DirectAdmin User account
Within the menu, navigate to Advanced Features > Create / Restore Backups
SearchThe DirectAdmin Search function works very well and makes it very easy to locate the Create / Restore Backups page. Type Backup in the search bar and the link to the Create / Restore Backups page will appear.
- Near the top of your screen, either leave the radio button to include all domains or selected domains. If you choose selected domains a screen will appear where you can select the domain(s) you want to backup.
Next, select or unselect the following options
- Website Data
- Domains Directory: Backs up all user files for all domains
- Subdomains Lists: Backs up the list of subdomains for each domain
- E-mail Accounts List for all domains (names and passwords)
- E-mail Data: Includes the messages from the Inbox, IMAP Folders, and webmail data.
- E-mail Settings: Includes the filters and the catchall address.
- Forwarders: Includes all forwarding addresses.
- Autoresponders: Includes all autoresponders and messages.
- Vacation Messages: Includes all vacation messages and times.
- Mailing Lists: Includes all mailing lists.
- FTP Accounts
- FTP Settings
- Database Settings: Backs up all DB Users and DB Settings
- Database Data
- Deleted Trash Data
Click Create Backup
DirectAdmin will start generating the backup
You will get the notification on the registered email address once it is done.
All backups are located by going to File Manager > Backups with the DirectAdmin Control Panel.
Note: If you want to backup different data for each domain, use the include separate domains and repeat the process to create an individual backup for each domain with the specified criteria.
Toward the upper right corner of the create backup screen, there is a link under your domain to go to the Restore Backup page which will take you to the screen shown below.
From this page, you will either see the current backups that you have created or the option to create a new backup.
If you have backups created already, you can click the link that says View current backups to see what is available to you already.
If you need any assistance, please submit a ticket for Technical Support