Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA)
ICANN stipulates that by being a Registrant of a domain name or by changing the registrant name or email address for existing domains, the registrant needs to verify their contact information. For new registrations, the registrant must verify their email address. For changes to existing domain names, they must verify the name or email modification. Please note that without timely verification (15 days) of the email address or modified contact information, the domain name will stop resolving after its respective Verification Deadline Date.
- Which TLDs are affected of the Registrant Verification policy?
- All gTLDs and nTLDs are affected.
- Which domains are affected?
- All newly registered, transferred, or modified domains. Domains which were registered before January 2014 will require verification if they are updated or transferred.
- Which information will verified?
- The combination of Name, Organization and email address will verified. It will not verify single contact handles or domains.
- How will the contact details will be verified?
- The mentioned domain registrant email address is automatically sent an email with a confirmation link after the registration, transfer, or update.
- How long does the registrant have before the deadline for the verification?
- The verification email must be approved within 15 days. A reminder email will sent after 7 days if they have not confirmed the link.
- What will happen if the registrant does not approve the link?
- The domain’s nameserver(s) will replaced at the registry and the domain(s) will not resolve anymore.
- What happens if the registrant has more than one domain and does not approve the link?
- All domains which are using the same details (Name, Organization and email) will be DEACTIVATED.
- What happens if the registrant didn’t receive the email?
- The registrant can easily resend the email from his/her Evolve Web Hosting account. If the domain has already been suspended, please submit a ticket for our Billing Department.
- What if the registrant email address is wrong?
- The email address can be changed by performing a trade, according to the new ICANN Inter-Registrar transfer policy (IRTP). A new verification email is sent to the new email address automatically.
- What do I see if the domain is off-line?
- A web-page containing the option to resend the verification email will be shown.
- Where I can find all domains which need verification?
- All domains that require verification can be found in the Evolve Web Hosting portal under Domains > My > Domains.
- Do I have to provide verification for every domain?
- No, the domains using the same registrant details (Name, Organization and email address) don’t require verification. Only the first domain will need verification and all other domains using the same registrant details will be verified automatically. That means you can use one or several contact handles, with the same already confirmed content, for several domains.
This specification requires a registrar to take action when a registrant does not respond for over 15 calendar days to a registrar’s inquiries regarding the accuracy of contact details or Whois data associated with the registration. The action can be to terminate or suspend the non-responsive registrant’s domain name, or to place a lock on the domain name registration until the registrar is able to validate information provided by the registrant.
If you do not take action within the 15 calendar days, the following notification will be displayed for your domain by ICANN.
If you have any questions regarding this, please submit a ticket for our Billing Department