Expired Domain Recovery Policy (EDRP)
Certain domain verification emails will be sent from
email@example.com and they are valid - please respond to them
- When does the Expired Registration Recovery Policy (ERRP) policy become effective?
- ICANN requires ERRP policy to be effective starting on August 31, 2013
- How many ERRP email notices will be sent out?
- Each and every EXPIRING domain must receive up to three (3) notices - approximately one month and one week before the expiration date of a domain and five (5) days after. Bulk domain notifications will be sent in the same single email if domains are expiring at approximately the same date range
- Will ERRP emails be sent out if the domain is in AUTORENEW status?
- Yes. ICANN requires ERRP notices to be sent until the renewal is finalized. If a domain is set to AUTORENEW only the two pre-expirey (2) ERRP emails will be sent (approximately one month and one week before the expiration date)
- Which TLDs does the ERRP policy apply?
- Only gTLDs are affected by the ERRP policy, all ccTLDs are excluded
- When will a domain stop resolving?
- Only for gTLDs that are set to AUTODELETE/AUTOEXPIRE, the DNS resolution will be interrupted 36 days after expiration. This is eight days before deletion
- Can I still transfer a domain if it is not resolving any more?
- Yes. It is still possible to transfer a domain
- Can I activate my domain with a simple RENEW if it stopped resolving?
- Yes. Until a domain is deleted you can simply renew it
- How I could prevent or stop the ERRP notice from being sent out for a domain?
- If you explicitly RENEW your domain at least 30 days before the expiration date no ERRP notice will be sent out.If you explicitly RENEW your domain at least 7 days before deletion only the first ERRP notice (approximately one month before the expiration date) will be sent out.
If a domain is configured to AUTORENEW or if you explicitly RENEW your domain at least one day after expiration only the two ERRP pre-expirey notices (approximately one month and one week before the expiration date) are sent out
If you have any questions regarding this, please submit a ticket for our Billing Department